Food Safety Consultant
Kellerman Consulting is a Food Safety Consulting company whose mission is assure our clients do things the right way. Founded by brothers Mickey & Brian Kellerman, Kellerman Consulting alleviates the headaches associated with filling out regulatory paperwork for the Food & Beverage and Restaurant industries so that businesses can focus on what they do best – producing high-quality, safe and delicious food for their customers and providing exceptional customer service.
As a Food Safety Consultant, you will work with clients to identify their needs in regards to food safety regulations and help them to comply with those regulations. This work is done through writing food safety plans and researching and understanding food codes throughout the country. We are also looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who have the interest and apptitutde to identify potential new clients and develop new client relationships.
- Assess client's food safety needs and develop food safety plans and programs that comply with all required food safety regulations. Experience writing food safety plans is preferred.
- Effectively communicate with clients, and fully understand the required regulatory actions for each client’s business
- Stay current in regards to FDA, USDA and Board of Health regulations, by regularly reviewing federal, state and local regulations and relevant industry articles and blogs
- Be knowledgable about regulations, schedules, documents, forms, and any other required actions to meet the client’s food safety consulting needs
- Respond in a timely manner to requests made by the client and the regulators during the accumulation of compliance documents
- Research peer reviewed scientific articles and use appropriate articles as the basis for validation to meet both FDA, USDA and local Board of Health requirements in the creation of all food safety programs
- Work closely with the President of the company to generate new leads, develop proposals, and close new business
- 5+ Years of Food Safety Experience
- HACCP and PCQI Certified
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan Writing Experience
- SQF and BRC Certified
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Experience
- Consulting Experience